AROUND MARCHE: NORTH TO SOUTH
From North to South, explore the wonders of the Marche Region: live a special experience in a unique journey in the heart of Italy between art, music and food travelling from Urbino to Ascoli Piceno!
6 Days/5 Nights
Starting From: € 537,00/per person (Group Rates)
Day One: Urbino › Urbania (23 km) › Pesaro (53 km)
- Arrival by own means in Urbino, one of the most important city of the Italian Renaissance.
- Guided visit to Palazzo Ducale, a masterpiece of architecture due to great artists such as Maso di Bartolomeo, Luciano Laurana and Francesco di Giorgio Martini where in the 15th century Federico da Montefeltro expressed his power.
- Guided visit to Galleria Nazionale delle Marche inside Palazzo Ducale one of the most important art collection of Italian Renaissance with wonderful paintings by Raffaello, Piero della Francesca, with his famous Flagellation of Christ, Paolo Uccello, Tiziano and Melozzo da Forlì.
- Guided visit to the Cathedral, in the neoclassical style, with paintings by Federico Barocci.
- Guided visit to Oratorio di San Giovanni completely painted by the brothers Jacopo and Lorenzo Salimbeni
- Guided visit to Casa Natale di Raffaello, Raffaello’s birth house.
- Free lunch and transfer to Urbania by own means.
- Visit to a Pottery Lab where a craftman will show and explain the techniques and secrets of the worldwide known “Ceramiche Durantine” (Pottery of Casteldurante).
- Guided visit to Teatro Bramante.
- Performance (action painting by a famous artist and classical concert by professional music players/singers) introduced by an explanatory lecture. Concerts and performances are adapted on Gioachino Rossini and Girolamo Crescentini’s music, both composers are linked to the place.
- Lunch in the Ridotto of the theatre with typical local dishes and wines.
- Transfer to Pesaro by own means. 1 welcome drink in hotel upon arrival. Free dinner and overnight.
Day Two: Pesaro › Fano (17 km)
- Breakfast in hotel and meeting with the guide.
- Guided visit to Rossini’s birthplace Casa Rossini hosting the museum dedicated to him with original documents and digitized material.
- Wine tasting in the cellar of Casa Rossini with wines of the region.
- Guided visit to Musei Civici, an art collection, situated in the sixteen-century Palazzo Mosca, including one of the masterpiece of the italian Renaissance: the altarpiece of Coronation of the Virgin by Giovanni Bellini.
- Free lunch and transfer to Fano by own means.
- Tour of Fano and its Roman centre with the Arco d’Augusto. Fano is called also “City of luck” (Fanum Fortunae) from the Temple of Luck around which the city was born. Fano is still surrounded by the original roman walls.
- Visit to Palazzo Malatestiano, commissioned by Pandolfo III Malatesta and built in the first half of 1400s., with its amazing Corte Malatestiana.
- Visit to Museo Archeologico and Pinacoteca, inside the palace, the museum provides an extended chronological period, from archaeological finds to painting collections of the 17th century.
- Visit to Teatro della Fortuna.
- Visit to Tombe Malatestiane, the tombs situated under San Francesco Church’s porch and to the Cathedral, with frescos by the painter Domenichino.
- Free time: you can end the afternoon, drinking a coffee or the typical fishermen’s drink Moretta in the wonderful Piazza XX Settembre.
- Free dinner.
- Return to Pesaro by own means and overnight.
Day Three: Pesaro › Macerata (128 km) › Urbisaglia (15 km) ›Tolentino (11km) › Recanati (38km)
- Breakfast in hotel and transfer in Macerata by own means and meeting with the guide. Guided visit to the Arena Sferisterio (Lu Sferisteriu), a unique and peculiar building, once destined to the ancient Italian national sport of Pallone col Bracciale and today dedicated to festivals such as Musicultura and the Macerata Opera Festival.
- Guided visit to Basilica della Madonna della Misericordia by Luigi Vanvitelli and its small gorgeous Sanctuary, rich of frescos, marbles and stuccos.
- Guided visit to Palazzo Buonaccorsi with the amazing Sala dell’Eneide and to the Museo della Carrozza (Coaches Museum).
- Guided visit to Teatro Lauro Rossi, an astonishing treasure of the 1700s.
- Walking around Piazza della Libertà where you can admire the City Hall, the Loggia dei Mercanti and Palazzo della Prefettura. Transfer to the small village of Urbisaglia by own means.
- Lunch in a typical traditional restaurant (Zero Food Miles).
- Visit to the Fiastra’s Abbey with its wonderful park, to the Archeological Museum and to the Roman Ampitheatre.
- Transfer to Tolentino by own means.
- Visit to Chiesa di San Nicola da Tolentino, with its Cappellone Giottesco and visit to Piazza Orologio with 3 different clocks on the same tower.
- Transfer to Recanati by own means, free dinner and overnight.
Day Four: Recanati › Serra San Quirico (65 km) › Jesi (31km)
- Breakfast in hotel and free tour of Recanati, birthplace of the poet Giacomo Leopardi and the tenor Beniamino Gigli. Feel free to visit the museum to him dedicated inside Teatro Persiani.
- Visit to Casa Leopardi, the house where the poet lived his melancholy life and wrote his poems: it hosts his books and his library.
- Transfer to Serra San Quirico by own means for a typical “Marchigian-style” lunch.
- Visit to Serra San Quirico Village, a small village made by stone known for its Copertelle, small arches that run along the city walls, arriving until the main defensive tower called Cassero.
- Visit to Chiesa di Santa Lucia, a baroque church with a characteristic bulb-shaped bell tower.
- Transfer to Jesi by own means and free tour of the city and its wonderful historic centre: Palazzo della Signoria, Piazza Federico II, Cattedrale San Settimio and its suggestive walls.
- Return to Recanati by own means, free dinner and overnight.
Day Five: Recanati › Ascoli Piceno (107 km) › Ripatransone (43 km)
- Early breaskfast and transfer to Ascoli Piceno by own means.
- Meeting with the guide to walk around the city centre, in between the river Castellano and river Tronto, conquered by the Romans in 268 BC, with its roman churches, the beautiful squares, the 100 towers carved in travertine stone.
- Guided tour to Piazza del Popolo and Chiesa di San Francesco, a roman-gothic church with cloister.
- Guided visit to Pinacoteca Civica with masterpieces from XIV to XX century and Loggia dei Mercanti.
- Coffee break in the historic Caffè Meletti where you can enjoy the anisette, anise liqueur, in a Liberty style atmosphere.
- Transfer to reach a renowned farmhouse for a special experience: show-cooking with focus Olive Ascolane (1h), food & wine tasting and visit to the villa.
- Transfer to Ripatransone by own means, known as the Belvedere piceno, with its panoramic view from Monte Conero to Gran Sasso, until Gargano.
- Tour of the village, famous for the architectural structure of its buildings, for its nine museums and above all for its curious alley, of 43 cm-lenght which is considered the narrowest one in Italy. In Ripatransone Michelangelo’s biographer Ascanio Condivi, painter & sculptor, and Luigi Mercantini, italian poet, were born: the theatre of the city, inside the fourteenth-century Palazzo del Podestà, is dedicated to him. Wine experience in an historical winery (not far from Ripatransone): guided visit to the winecellar, visit to the vineyard and three wine with local products tasting in terrace (2h and 30minutes). Possibility to organize a private concert in the vineyards (on request).
- Free dinner in Ripatransone or in Ascoli Piceno. Overnight in Ascoli Piceno
Day Six: Ascoli Piceno
- Breaskfast, end of tour and departure.
- 2 Overnights in 4* Hotel in Pesaro on BB Board in double room
- 2 Overnights in 4* Hotel in Recanati on BB Board in double room
- 1 Overnight in 4* Hotel in Ascoli Piceno on BB Board in double room
- 1 welcome drink in hotel in Pesaro upon arrival
- Guided tour service Half Day in the chosen language in Urbino, Pesaro, Macerata, Ascoli Piceno
- Guided Visit to Teatro Bramante in Urbania in the chosen language
- Exclusive use of the theatre in Urbania with introductive and interpretative reading in Italian language about the performance (a written copy for foreign guests) and Action Painting performance
- Private music performance at Teatro Bramante in Urbania (Performance of 2 musicians)
- Entrance Ticket to Palazzo Ducale with “Galleria Nazionale delle Marche” in Urbino
- Visit to Cathedral in Urbino
- Entrance Ticket to Casa Raffaello in Urbino
- Visit to the Pottery Lab in Urbania
- Entrance Ticket to Casa Rossini with “Rossini Experience” and to Musei Civici in Pesaro
- Entrance Ticket to Palazzo Malatestiano with Museo Archeologico and Pinacoteca in Fano
- Visit to Teatro della Fortuna and Tombe Malatestiane in Fanov
- Entrance Ticket to Casa Leopardi Library in Recanati
- Visit to Chiesa di S. Lucia in Serra San Quirico
- Entrance Ticket to Arena Sferisterio in Macerata
- Visit to Basilica della Misericordia in Macerata
- Entrance Ticket to Palazzo Buonaccorsi
- Entrance Ticket to Museo della Carrozza
- Visit to Teatro Lauro Rossi in Macerata
- Entrance Ticket to Abbazia di Santa Maria di Chiaravalle di Fiastra
- Visit to Chiesa di San Nicola in Tolentino
- Visit to Cattedrale di San Settimio in Jesi
- Visit to Chiesa di San Francesco in Ascoli Piceno
- Entrance Ticket to Pinacoteca Civica in Ascoli Piceno
- Lunch with typical local dishes and wines in the “ridotto” of Teatro Bramante in Urbania
- Lunch in Serra San Quirico and in Urbisaglia (beverage not included)
- “Olive all’Ascolana” Show cooking experience in Ascoli Piceno
- Food & Wine tasting and visit to a special location in Ascoli Piceno
- Wine Experience with visit to the winery and to a local wine cellar
- Special gift as memory of the experience (one each room)
- 24/7 Phone assistance
Starting from: € 537,00/per person (Group Rates)Info Request
PROPOSAL NOT INCLUDES:
- City Tax to be paid on spot
- Everything not mentioned in “Proposal includes”
- Bus Transfer
- Lunch and dinner reservations
- Exclusive dinner on the 3rd floor of Rossini’s birth house with typical Rossini’s dishes
- 30 minutes pianist performance on the original “Forte-Piano” of Gioacchino Rossini in Rossini’s birth house
- Musical and Theatrical Performance combined with Thematic Tasting or Thematic
- Visit to Teatro Luigi Mercantini in
- Visit to Teatro Persiani in Recanati
- Dinner with typical food & wine
- A special and private visit of the backstage of Teatro Rossini in Pesaro in the chosen language to discover the secrets of this amazing venue (not during the Rossini Opera Festival in august)
- Aperitif in the ridotto of Teatro Rossini with typical food & wine dishes of the territory
- Visit to Villa Caprile, built as a summer house by the Marquis Giovanni Mosca, which included fountains with water play (only summer season)