IN THE HEART OF MARCHE WITH GIOACHINO ROSSINI
Follow Gioachino Rossini’s footsteps to discover the beauty of the Marche Region: the land of the composer will welcome you with a perfect mix of history, art, amazing landscapes and tasty local food and wine. Enjoy a tour following places and tastes connected with the great composer Gioachino Rossini! Live an exciting itinerary between family ties and Thematic Food & Wine tasting based on unique recipes including:
- Urbino, birthplace of Rossini’s mother,
- Urbania, mentioned by Rossini in a letter to Gaetano Donizzetti addressed to Prince Metternich, in which encourage the purchase of a pottery set from this city
- Pesaro, Rossini’s birthplace and city rich of culture and music.
3 Days/2 nights
Starting From: € 420,00/per person (Group rates)Info Request
Day One: Urbino
- Arrival in Urbino, city of the Renaissance and birthplace of Rossini’s mother, by own means.
- In the afternoon meeting with an expert researcher of Gioachino Rossini.
- Guided visit to Palazzo Ducale a masterpiece of architecture due to great artists such as Maso di Bartolomeo, Luciano Laurana and Francesco di Giorgio Martini.
- Guided visit to the Galleria Nazionale delle Marche, inside the palace, with one of the most important art collection of Italian Renaissance including wonderful paintings by Raffaello, Piero della Francesca, with his famous Flagellation of Christ, Paolo Uccello, Tiziano and Melozzo da Forlì.
- Guided visit to the Cathedral in neoclassical style, with paintings by Federico Barocci.
- Guided visit to Casa Natale di Raffaello, the birthhouse of the famous painter
- Thematic Food & Wine tasting about Rossini in a cellar or in a place of typical production, with explanation about Rossini’s recipes with cultural and historic references.
- Optional thematic dinner with explanation.
- Overnight in Urbino.
Day Two: Urbino > Urbania (23 km) > Pesaro (70 km)
- Breakfast and transfer by own means to Urbania, a little cultural town close to Urbino and important place for Rossini.
- Meeting with an expert researcher of Gioachino Rossini.
- Guided visit to Palazzo Ducale.
- Guided visit to a local pottery lab where a craftman will show and explain the techniques and secrets of the worldwide known Ceramiche Durantine (Pottery of Casteldurante).
- Show-cooking dedicated to Rossini and lunch with Rossini’s recipes or dishes inspired by Marche’s flavours.
- Transfer by own means to Pesaro, birthplace of Gioachino Rossini.
- Free dinner and overnight.
Day Three: Pesaro
- Breakfast and meeting with an expert researcher of Rossini.
- Guided visit to Musei Civici.
- Guided visit to Rossini’s birth house where you are going to enjoy the Rossini Experience: a multimedial visit to Rossini’s birth house with audioguided thematic food & wine tasting (max 5 persons at a time).
- Free lunch or possibility to have a thematic lunch with explanation about Rossini’s recipes with cultural and historic references.
- Guided visit to the backstage of Teatro Rossini, the main theatre of the city where many productions of the Rossini Opera Festival take place.
- Guided visit to the Ambisonic Perifonic spherical room inside the Conservatorio Rossini, founded at the wishes of the composer.
- End of the tour and departure.
- 1 Night in 4* Hotel in Urbino on BB Board in double room
- 1 Night in 4* Hotel in Pesaro on BB Board in double room
- 1 welcome drink in hotel in Urbino upon arrival
- Half Day with an expert researcher of Gioachino Rossini in Urbino, Urbania and Pesaro in the chosen language
- Entrance ticket for Palazzo Ducale and Galleria Nazionale delle Marche in Urbino
- Entrance ticket to “Casa Raffaello” in Urbino
- Entrance Ticket to Casa Rossini with “Rossini Experience” in Pesaro
- Entrance Ticket to Musei Civici in Pesaro
- Thematic Food & Wine in cellar or in a traditional production place
- Show Cooking dedicated to Rossini’s world. Duration: 4 hours
- Explanation about Rossini’s recipes and about Food & Wine tasting with cultural and historic references in Urbino, Urbania and Pesaro
- Lunch with Rossini’s recipes or dishes inspired by Marche’s flavours in Urbania
- Private “Backstage tour” of Teatro Rossini
- Visit of the Ambisonic Perifonic spherical room at Rossini’s Museum Conservatory
- Special gift as memory of the experience
- Phone Assistance 24/7
starting from € 420,00/per person (Group rates)Info Request
PROPOSAL NOT INCLUDES:
- City tax to be paid on spot
- Meals non mentioned in the section Proposal includes
- Everything not mentioned in the section Proposal includes
- Bus Transfer
- Lunch and dinner reservations
- Aperitif, Food & Wine tasting or Dinner in Fattoria Mancini wine family-run business.
- Tickets for Teatro Rossini and Rossini Opera Festival
- Performance combined with Thematic Tasting or Thematic Lunch
- Private chamber concert and a music action painting in an exclusive location
- Thematic Lunches or Dinners following Rossini’s topic, also available in an historical palace
- Visit to Villa Caprile, summer housed by the Marquis Giovanni Mosca, which included fountains with water play (only summer season)
- Aperitif in the ridotto of Teatro Rossini with typical food & wine dishes of the territory