GIUSEPPE VERDI: A JOURNEY IN HIS LAND BETWEEN HISTORY, MUSIC AND FOOD
Live a cultural, musical and food & wine tour following Giuseppe Verdi’s footsteps in his wonderful lands: in the heart of Emilia Romagna discover the composer house, the thematic museums and all the other places deeply connected to his story. Enjoy an experience made for music lovers from Busseto to Parma.
2 Days/1 Night
Starting From: € 160,00/per person (Group rates)Info Request
Day One: Roncole > Busseto > Parma (38 km)
- Arrival in Roncole Verdi, Verdi’s birthplace just a few kilometers from Busseto, by own means.
- Guided visit to Verdi’s house. The building was rented from Verdi’s grandparents in 1781, 30 years before birth of composer, to continue their work as innkeepers. Verdi was born there on October 10th, 1813.
- Guided visit to Villa Verdi in Sant’Agata, not far from Roncole, the house where the composer lived and worked for along time and where he loved always to come back after his trips. Giuseppe Verdi bought Villa Verdi in 1848 and started to live there from 1851, choosing materials, modifying and increasing the original building according to his desires.
- Aperitif in Busseto, 3 km from Sant’Agata. In a warm and comfortable location you can taste delicious typical food and good wine, with products from the territory listening to Verdi’s music in the background
- Guided tour to Museo Nazionale Giuseppe Verdi, a museum in the splendid Villa Pallavicino, built in the second decade of the 1500s and expanded and modified in late 1600s and 1700s. The museum hosts the 27 operas of Verdi, depicted long a historic way with reproductions of the original set designs of Casa Ricordi and the reconstruction of nineteenth century rooms with the collection of paintings of Hayez.
- Guided visit to Teatro Verdi in Busseto located inside the Rocca, Pallavicino’s family fortress, founded in the 1200s but generously reworked in the second half of the 1800s. The theatre was inaugurated on 15th August 1868 when two of Verdi’s operas were performed.
- Guided visit to Museo di Casa Barezzi: Antonio Barezzi was a wealthy grocer and a great music lover that understood early Verdi’s aptitude for music and call him to his house as music teacher for his daughter Margherita. His first public exhibition, in February of 1830, was in the salon now called Salone Barezzi, already home of the Filarmonica Bussetana founded in 1816 by Barezzi, by his brother Orlando and by his brother-in-law Giuseppe Demaldé. Verdi lived in Barezzi’s house and here blossomed the love with Margherita. In Barezzi’s house you can admire the piano, the Antonio Barezzi’s portrait, the young Verdi’s portrait in charcoal, the autographed letters and the patriotic appeals.
- Optional Private Concert with singer and piano recital in Casa Barezzi Museum.
- Transfer to Parma by own means.
- Free dinner and overnight.
Day Two: Parma
- Breakfast and meeting with the guide.
- Guided tour of the historic centre of Parma.
- Visit to Cathedral, Baptistery with Diocesan Museum, the Abbey and Church of San Giovanni Evangelista and Basilica of Santa Maria della Steccata.
- Guided visit to Teatro Regio including the Foyer room, the Parterre and Ridotto Room.
- Free Lunch and end of tour.
- 1 Overnight in Parma in 4* Hotel on BB Board in double room
- Welcome drink in hotel in Parma upon arrival
- Guided tour service Full Day in Roncole, Sant’Agata and Busseto in the chosen language.
- Guided tour service Half Day in Parma in the chosen language.
- Entrance Ticket to Verdi’s birthouse in Roncole.
- Entrance Ticket to Villa Verdi in Sant’Agata.
- Entrance Ticket to Museo Nazionale Giuseppe Verdi in Busseto.
- Entrance Ticket to Teatro Verdi in Busseto.
- Entrance Ticket to Museo di Casa Barezzi in Busseto.
- Entrance Ticket to Cathedral and Baptistery with Diocesan Museum in Parma.
- Entrance Ticket to Teatro Regio in Parma.
- Entrance Ticket to Teatro Farnese in Parma.
- Entrance Ticket to Galleria Nazionale in Parma.
- Entrance Ticket to Museo Archeologico Nazionale in Parma.
- Visit to the Abbey and Church of San Giovanni Evangelista in Parma.
- Visit to Basilica of Santa Maria della Steccata in Parma
- Rich Aperitif with typical products in Busseto (a glass of wine included)
- Special gift as memory of the experience (one each room)
- 24/7 Phone assistance
Starting from: € 160,00/person (Group rates)Info Request
PROPOSAL NOT INCLUDES:
- Meals non mentioned in the section Proposal includes
- City tax to be paid on spot
- Everything not mentioned in the section Proposal includes
- Bus Transfer
- Private Concert in Casa Barezzi Museum and other theatre of Verdi’s land
- Lunch in typical restaurnat wiith traditional dishes from Verdi’s land such as “I due Foscari” and “Antica Corte Pallavicina
- Concert organized by Club dei 27, in its historical venue in Parma where you can enjoy a delicious drink made by a secret recipe. Club dei 27 is an association of enthusiast people about Verdi, organizing activities and seminaries, handing down his memory.
- Backstage Tour of Teatro Regio in Parma: complete your visit discovering secret rooms, that never have been opened to the public, couture’s laboratories, setting rooms, rehearsal room of the Orchestra, dressing rooms and the stage
- Pre-opera aperitif at the Regio Theater
- Visit & Dinner and Visit & Private concert at Labirinto della Masone, the fist labyrinth with Bamboo Trees (200.000 bamboo trees) in the world. For the dinner, you are welcome at the Restaurant “Spigaroli al Labirinto”, which awards a Michelin star
- Dinner at accademia Barilla (Incentive-team bulding activities also available)
- Visit in farm “Rosa dell’Angelo” and Tour of Ham’s production (close to Parma)