AROUND MARCHE: THE SOUTH OF THE REGION
Travel in the south of the Marche Region to explore a land full of colours and flavours characterizing each stop of this fabulous tour bringing you from Recanati to Jesi, from Macerata to Ascoli Piceno, among history and art
4 Days/3 Nights
Starting From: € 330,00/per person (Group Rates)
Day One: Macerata › Urbisaglia (15 km) › Tolentino (11km) › Recanati (38km)
- Arrival in Macerata by own means and meeting with the guide.
- Guided visit to the Arena Sferisterio (Lu Sferisteriu), a unique and peculiar building, once destined to the ancient Italian national sport of Pallone col Bracciale and today dedicated to festivals such as Musicultura and the Macerata Opera Festival.
- Guided visit to Basilica della Madonna della Misericordia by Luigi Vanvitelli and its small gorgeous Sanctuary, rich of frescos, marbles and stuccos.
- Guided visit to Palazzo Buonaccorsi with the amazing Sala dell’Eneide and to the Museo della Carrozza (Coaches Museum).
- Guided visit to Teatro Lauro Rossi, an astonishing treasure of the 1700s.
- Walking around Piazza della Libertà where you can admire the City Hall, the Loggia dei Mercanti and Palazzo della Prefettura. Transfer to the small village of Urbisaglia by own means.
- Lunch in a typical traditional restaurant (Zero Food Miles).
- Visit to the Fiastra’s Abbey with its wonderful park, to the Archeological Museum and to the Roman Ampitheatre.
- Transfer to Tolentino by own means.
- Visit to Chiesa di San Nicola da Tolentino, with its Cappellone Giottesco and visit to Piazza Orologio with 3 different clocks on the same tower.
- Transfer to Recanati by own means, free dinner and overnight.
Day Two: Recanati › Serra San Quirico (65 km) › Jesi (31km)
- Breakfast in hotel and free tour of Recanati, birthplace of the poet Giacomo Leopardi and the tenor Beniamino Gigli. Feel free to visit the museum to him dedicated inside Teatro Persiani.
- Visit to Casa Leopardi, the house where the poet lived his melancholy life and wrote his poems: it hosts his books and his library.
- Transfer to Serra San Quirico by own means for a typical “Marchigian-style” lunch.
- Visit to Serra San Quirico Village, a small village made by stone known for its Copertelle, small arches that run along the city walls, arriving until the main defensive tower called Cassero.
- Visit to Chiesa di Santa Lucia, a baroque church with a characteristic bulb-shaped bell tower.
- Transfer to Jesi by own means and free tour of the city and its wonderful historic centre: Palazzo della Signoria, Piazza Federico II, Cattedrale San Settimio and its suggestive walls.
- Return to Recanati by own means, free dinner and overnight.
Day Three: Recanati › Ascoli Piceno (107 km) › Ripatransone (43 km)
- Early breaskfast and transfer to Ascoli Piceno by own means.
- Meeting with the guide to walk around the city centre, in between the river Castellano and river Tronto, conquered by the Romans in 268 BC, with its roman churches, the beautiful squares, the 100 towers carved in travertine stone.
- Guided tour to Piazza del Popolo and Chiesa di San Francesco, a roman-gothic church with cloister.
- Guided visit to Pinacoteca Civica with masterpieces from XIV to XX century and Loggia dei Mercanti.
- Coffee break in the historic Caffè Meletti where you can enjoy the anisette, anise liqueur, in a Liberty style atmosphere.
- Transfer to reach a local farmhouse for a special experience: show-cooking with focus Olive Ascolane (1h), food & wine tasting and visit to the villa.
- Transfer to Ripatransone by own means, known as the Belvedere piceno, with its panoramic view from Monte Conero to Gran Sasso, until Gargano.
- Tour of the village, famous for the architectural structure of its buildings, for its nine museums and above all for its curious alley, of 43 cm-lenght which is considered the narrowest one in Italy. In Ripatransone Michelangelo’s biographer Ascanio Condivi, painter & sculptor, and Luigi Mercantini, italian poet, were born: the theatre of the city, inside the fourteenth-century Palazzo del Podestà, is dedicated to him. Wine experience in historical winery (not far from Ripatransone): guided visit to the winecellar, visit to the vineyard and three wine with local products tasting in terrace (2h and 30minutes). Possibility to organize a private concert in the vineyards (on request).
- Free dinner in Ripatransone or in Ascoli Piceno. Overnight in Ascoli Piceno
Day Four: Ascoli Piceno
- Breaskfast, end of tour and departure.
- 2 Overnights in 4* Hotel in Recanati on BB basis in double room
- 1 Overnight in 3* Hotel in Ascoli Piceno on BB basis in double room
- 1 welcome drink in hotel in Recanati upon arrival
- Guided tour service Half Day in Macerata in the chosen language
- Guided tour service Half Day in Ascoli Piceno in the chosen language
- Entrance Ticket to Casa Leopardi Library in Recanati
- Entrance Ticket to Arena Sferisterio in Macerata
- Visit to Basilica della Misericordia in Macerata
- Entrance Ticket to Palazzo Buonaccorsi
- Entrance Ticket to Museo della Carrozza
- Visit to Teatro Lauro Rossi in Macerata
- Entrance Ticket to Abbazia di Santa Maria di Chiaravalle di Fiastra
- Visit to Chiesa di San Nicola in Tolentino
- Visit to Cattedrale di San Settimio in Jesi
- Visit to Chiesa di San Francesco in Ascoli Piceno
- Entrance Ticket to Pinacoteca Civica in Ascoli Piceno
- Lunch in Serra San Quirico (beverage not included)
- Lunch in Urbisaglia (beverage not included)
- “Olive all’Ascolana” show cooking experience in Ascoli Piceno
- Food & Wine tasting and visit of a special location in Ascoli Piceno
- Wine Experience with visit to the winery and to a local wine cellar
- Special Gift as memory of the experience (one for each room)
- Phone Assistance 24/7
Starting from: € 330,00/per person (Group Rates)Info Request
PROPOSAL NOT INCLUDES:
- City Tax to be paid on spot
- Everything not mentioned in “Proposal includes”
- Bus Transfer
- Lunch and Dinner reservations
- Visit to Teatro Persiani in Recanati
- Visit to Teatro Luigi Mercantini in Ripatransone
- Dinner in Ripatransone with typical food & wine